Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Weekend Recap

You'll be happy to know that I finished MOST of that list I created on Friday. Run wasn't amazing-- didn't have time to finish the full hour, but I got some good cardio in and ran along the Pathfinder-beautiful!!! Oh I also saw a 'dillo! An armadillo that is!

Afterward, I met up with friends at a local restaurant and had a bud light and sweet potato fries! I enjoyed everyone's company. Laid back casual fridays. :)

Afterwards, I met Aaron in Tulsa for dinner (Qdoba, can't seem to get enough of that place lately). We didn't do anything to exciting. Saturday we woke up early and ate at The Diner again. So delicious. I proceeded to nap all day while Aaron watched Le Football (Soccer). Saturday night we met up with Dave and Kristy to play catch phrase and other games. So much fun! I was worn out.

Sunday we clean clean cleaned Aaron's apartment--living with two cats can be such a mess! But we love the furballs! Abby is the tabby (oldest by a year) and Freckle is the calico. Them looking out Aaron's window:


That night Aaron and I made whole wheat spaghetti with meatballs and carrots. Yum! We also began the journey of "Lost." Both of us hated the idea of getting suckered into this high-hype tv series, but of course we finally capitulated. We watched three episodes and are waiting when we both can watch more together. It's piqued my curiosity. :)

Monday was movie night at Shaler's. We watched Unstoppable. Terrible movie + lots of friends= hilarious commentary on the movie. Yesterday, a friend (Kathleen) flew in from Houston for the week and so we had to meet up. Dana, another friend from work, knows Kathleen as well so we all had dinner. We shared stories, dessert, and a lot of laughs- mostly about awkward conversations people should not have in public. Haha. Good times though. Dana departed to see her husband (who she's been with 6 years to the day!) and Kathleen and I went to the mall. I bought SO many items, appropriate for work, from the Gap Outlet! And for a good price too!!! Score!

All of the above mentioned activities have really been a help in releasing some stress from work. Training someone to do your old job while trying to learn your new job at the same time is a big task! It's a juggling act. It will get better with time though and I really think I'm going to like my new job! I liked my old one as well and was very fortunate to work for so many respectable and fun women (my supervisors, director, and manager were all women!).

So, speaking of work.. I was going to write up my New Year's Resolution Review but the boyfriend and I haven't talked and it's getting late. Need more sleep for a long day of work tomorrow! I should sleep well with this thunderstorm here! I love them! Does anyone else?

Hurray for getting over the Wednesday hump! Have a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment