Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Snow Day!!!

Hey friends! Late last night, I was notified by my employer that we were shut down today due to the blizzard. What does this mean?! I get to sleep in, relax, and do house chores I have been putting off lately!

So I slept in til 1pm this afternoon. Watched the Ellen show. Talked to my mother for an hour. Annoyed the boyfriend. Then I finally became productive:
             -4 loads of laundry
             -swept kitchen, dining room, and living room
             -load of dishes
             -picked up bedroom and bathroom
             -cooked an amazing dinner!

For dinner, I made a turkey patty, carrots, and one sweet potato. I made two servings of each and saved one for lunch tomorrow! Here's the before and after pics:


After eating the sweet potato (I LOVE them), I googled facts about them. They contain the "good" kind of carb, so your blood sugar stays more even throughout the day, they have virtually NO fat!, and are loaded with vitamins A &C! I will definitely be eating more of them!

There is one downside to the snow day: I didn't get to run today. HOWEVER, I am taking this as a sign. I have been sick for a full week now and needed this full rest day. Yesterday, I ran 60 min, finishing 6. 08 miles, at an average pace of 9:52min/mile! I'm loving these pace runs where I do sprints. Here was my challenge yesterday:
                    -Run 25 min easy
                    -Run 3 min at goal half marathon pace, then 1 min easy (repeat 5x)
                    -Finish running 15 min easy

I haven't done a progression run yet, but I am anxious to see if I enjoy them as much as sprints. Tomorrow, I only have to work from 11am-4pm, still due to the blizzard. Here's my desk that awaits me:


I'm ready to get back to work and ease into it. Haha. Hopefully I can get my long run in tomorrow, but the fitness center may be closed again. :( 

Last weekend my niece, Alexis, had her tonsils removed. She seems to be doing much better though! My parents also got a new puppy! Here are pictures of Lexie (and her doll, Olivia.. she names them all haha) and the new pup, Stella...or Chewy.. No name yet. lol


One last random paragraph (sorry I've been all over the place, it's a snow day and I'm bored! Ha). So, I mentioned my love for reading. After I got out of college, I was able to rediscover this passion of mine! Since June, I've read The How of Happiness, To Kill a Mockingbird, The Confession, Vision in White, Bed of Roses, and Battlefield of the Mind

I am currently reading I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou. It is wonderfully written. But, I have a dilemma, I am supposed to have read Water for Elephants by next Thursday (2/10/11) for my Women's Network Book Club. Should I hurriedly try and finish Angelou's book and move on to the next? Or just come back to it after finishing Water for Elephants? I really hate to stop one book and pick up another, but I feel like this is the only way for me to finish the book on time for our meeting! Ahh! Anyways, nothing to stress over. Haha. I'd like to do a review of each on the blog when I'm finished. So be looking for that! Have a great week and stay warm if you're in this snow storm!

XOXO



No comments:

Post a Comment