Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Free Your Mind- And the Rest Will Follow!

So last week I was excited about the snow day I received from work allowing me to stay home and be productive. The snow got seriously old. And it wreaked havoc on my training schedule and my ability to attend yoga. Here was my walk to work Wednesday.


Icy! So my long run got pushed back, as well as my pace run. HOWEVER, I was able to salvage part of my training schedule by combining my long run (80 min) with my pace run({2 min 10k pace and 1 min easy {repeat 5 times}) yesterday. So, not to brag, but I felt kind of like a badass yesterday when I finished 8.18 miles at an average pace of 9:45min/mile- on the dreadmill nonetheless! 

Tonight I am going to yoga! This will be the first time back since January 20th! I am REALLY looking forward to Deep Stretch. There's another snow storm coming in tonight, but I am making sure to get in some yoga before then! Haha.

Other than being down about the snow storm last week, I had a great rest of the week and an AMAZING weekend! On Thursday, I found out I am changing jobs! Not to toot my own horn (toot, toot!), but I have only been with the company for 8 months. Most rotations last at least 18 months. So this is a huge deal! I have been training a new hire for the past week on my job. Which is a little exhausting trying to bottle all your knowledge and give to someone else. It's certainly been fun though! I'm not sure when I'll be moving, but focusing on training Jessica is enough for my to worry about now. 

Aaron and I were kind of disappointed that we couldn't make the drive to OKC this weekend to see our parents (his were going to drive up from Dallas). But he drove here (slowly), to Bartlesville, and the fun began! Friday we went to eat Chili's and then enjoyed laying around watching TV late. And Saturday we slept in and went grocery shopping! Later that night, we went on a double date with Meredith and David. We ate mexican food, went bowling, and watched the UFC fight at their house. They both went to OU like Aaron and me so we have that in common and get along well. Good food, good company! I'm lovin' it. Haha. 

Sunday, Aaron and I listened to a recorded sermon because we didn't quite get up in time to make it to church. :-/  And prepared for the Superbowl!! This consisted of us making a spicy Buffalo Chicken Dip.

Since the gym was closed, I did Skinny Bitch's "Booty Bounce" video. Which is not much of a workout, but it was still fun and got me moving a little bit! Better than nothing! Then we went over to Shaler's house for the big party. Shaler and his wife, Jillian, are always kind enough to open their house for new hires to go have fun. We do game night and movie night each once a month. I love our group of new hires from work! There was a TON of good food- Calzones, jalenpeno peppers, amazing dips, queso, pin wheels, puppy chow, and brownies to name a few! 

I wasn't going for any particular team, but it was fun to join everyone, eat, and watch the commercials. I like the Pepsi Max commercial, but the VW commercial was my favorite! I hope everyone else has enjoyed their weekends! 

<3 PS. Valentine's Day is coming soon!!! 

1 comment:

  1. We had so much fun with you guys too!! Hope you enjoy yoga tonight :)

    ReplyDelete