Sunday, January 30, 2011

Etcetera



Hi! It's been a while- and that's an understatement! The last two weeks have blown by between work, running, yoga, friends, food, etc. Two weeks ago I joined a friend, Stacie, for Yoga Mix. This class is always a challenge and never the same, hence the name. It was a challenging class where we worked up to this pose:

Btw, this is my AMAZING yoga instructor, Meghan! I wasn't very good at this pose because my back muscles are pretty weak, but each pose we did got me closer to this! Then Friday, I joined Meghan for Yoga Jam. This class is one of my absolute favorites! We did a series of poses while listening to upbeat tunes such as-- The Verve "Bittersweet Symphony," Lady Gaga "Just Dance" and finished with Sia "My Love." Perfect way to begin my weekend! Afterwards, Aaron and I drove to OKC. I was finally able to hang out with my best friend from college/freshman roommate, Claire. We talked for HOURS. Haha, each conversation led to another and before we knew it, it was almost midnight! I stayed with my folks, while Aaron stayed with his "brother" Jeremy. I got a lot of quality time with my family and friends.
I also finished all my runs that week! My pace is definitely improving which is very encouraging! I'm using this special app called "Run Coach Pro" which has such features as:

- What your goal is (Marathon, Half, 10k, 5k, or just fitness)
- Amount of training weeks
- Your cardio level (beginner, intermediate, advanced)
- How many days you want to train (3-7)
-GPS tracking
-Fitness tips
-Choose what day you run your Long Run
-You can also switch the days you run for flexibility!


 I choose Half Marathon (in Honolulu! with my best friend Reba), April 17 (which was 14 training weeks), beginner even though I have run a half before I hadn't ran in a while, and choose 4 days which I think is the perfect amount. So I have one long run a week, two easy runs, and one pace run. The pace runs have really been helping me increase my speed! I finished my third long run on Wednesday. The goal was to run 70 min. I ran outside on the Pathfinder (13 mile trail through my town) and finished 6.96 miles (an avg pace of 10:03 min/mile)!
In other news, I did not get to enjoy any yoga this week due to illness and taking college recruits out to dinner before their interview with the company the next day. I don't regret it a bit! As for my sore throat, it started Tuesday and still has not gotten better. Waa.waaaaa.... Haha.
This past Friday Aaron and I attended a good friend's 21st birthday party. She arranged for a PARTY BUS! Here are a few pictures from the night:

I apologize for the poor quality, but I was using my phone, it was dark, AND there were strobe lights everywhere. Haha. We had a good time though! Saturday night we went to Genghis Grill with Aaron's friend from work, Dave, and his wife, Kristy. We tried out a "biker bar" (for bicyclists) which had a very interesting crowd. It's been a great weekend! Now back to the grind tomorrow. Oh! We've (Okies) had AMAZING weather for January the past two days (in the 70s!!!). But, allegedly, there is a snow storm coming Tuesday. Damn... can't win them all. Have a great week!! I'll try and update more frequently! 

No comments:

Post a Comment