Thursday, February 17, 2011

Beware: This Post May be Longer than Usual

Hello! It's been a while! The day after I wrote my last blog, work was cancelled yet again due to another snowstorm. We got 18 inches (I think)! I wasn't as productive this time, but I did do a workout video by Jillian Michaels:

This video kicked my butt! After just running 8 miles, am I really THAT out of shape? Note to self: do more cardio than just running.

This past weekend was a blast! Aaron and I headed to OKC and celebrated Valentine's Day a little early. He got me a Garmin watch! This watch is amazing. I can now see my time, miles run, and pace. After the run, I can see my splits! Awesome! We saw "No Strings Attached." Very funny and cute. 

Saturday, Aaron's parents met up with us at my parents' house. While Aaron went to breakfast and the mall with them, I put on my running gear (including the new Garmin) and went to the park! It was a gorgeous 50 degrees out. I didn't accomplish my long run, but finished 6.57 miles in 1:04! Average pace of 9:44 min/mile. My best pace was 7:45 min/mile (wow)! I didn't figure out how to find my splits post running. But I switched on autolap which will from now on calculate those! 

Aaron and his parents got back just in time for dinner. My mom made ham, mashed potatoes, corn, green beans, and salad. All delicious. She also made cupcakes (for Vday) and brownies. Easy on the sweet stuff Mom! I always overeat when I go home because of all the good food. Haha. After dinner, we cleared the table and Aaron showed my family how to play Dutch Blitz! It was so much fun! 

After all that fun, Aaron and I headed to Norman to meet friends at Louie's. It was so great to catch up with Kati, Shaun, Jeremy, and Johnnie! I feel so divided when I go back home trying to see everyone, especially family, so it was nice to all hang out together!

Sunday, I went to church with the folks and then went shoe shopping!!! I have been way overdue for new shoes! I got two pair that together equaled the cost of my last pair of running shoes. I hope my feet don't notice the difference! Here's a pic of one pair I bought:

Loud I know! But I thought they were cute, haha. Then we headed home because Lulu (nickname for my niece) was needing her nap. :D Mom, Audi, and I sat outside and played with the new puppy. Chewy (or Chewbacca) is the finalized name. Not a fan, but I wasn't around to make sure Stella stuck! Here's a pic of Audi and Chewy:

Then we had dinner which Mom had made a cheesecake for. From scratch and SO delicious. 


After dinner, I got to catch up with my sis who was gone to Army Drill all weekend! We missed you Khristian!

Back to the real world Monday-- but it was Valentine's Day! Aaron came to my house and we went to a local restaurant for dinner for two! Then we relaxed. Despite the above freezing temperature lately, the snow has still been messing with my runs! See below:


Pretty, but no good for my 45 min run. I finished 26 and called in quits. :( Yesterday however! I finished my long run of 1:40 min!!! I ran outside after work for 30 min and then once it got too dark outside I hopped on the treadmill at the gym. I finished 10.15 miles for an average pace of 9:51. I don't feel this pace is too bad taking into consideration the major setbacks the blizzard and snow storms caused. Plus, Jessica gave me a dove chocolate wrapper that stated "Be glad to just run the race, no matter the finish."So true.

This morning I walked outside and it was a whopping 63 degrees! At 8am!! WOW!! This definitely put a smile on my face. So currently, I am blogging outside on my back porch while the birds sing. AND tomorrow is my 19/30 day (work 30 min extra each day and receive one extra vacation day a month!) so my weekend has technically begun!!!

Have a good one!!

XOXO






No comments:

Post a Comment