Sunday, January 16, 2011

Kiss the Cook

This past week has been busy!! Tuesday night, Aaron and I went to a cooking class! We drank a lot of wine and ate delicious food!

Our meal consisted of Bruschetta, Potato Leek Soup, Beef Bourgionne, and Chocolate Mousse!

Talk about delicious. We had such a great time! Wednesday, I made it in early to work and was super productive. Thursday, I joined a friend for yoga at Inner Peace Yoga in Tulsa.
And this weekend, I spent with my boyfriend. After my 40 min run on Friday, I packed my things, picked up a Papa Murphy's Pizza and headed to t-town. Aaron and I went out with some of his new work friends and went to bed late. We actually managed to wake up around 8:30am and go for some breakfast though! We walked to Blue Dome Diner because the weather was gorgeous for January! We ate some of the most delicious food: Scrambled eggs with cheese and onion, homefries with onion and bell peppers, bacon, and humungous pancakes!

They had the ABSOLUTE best bacon, Aaron and I decided. We will definitely be going back! Then after the copious amounts of food we ate, we laid around and watched crappy tv shows (making fun of them mostly). We eventually got up and hit the gym for about an hour while watching Law & Order: CI.
Later, we ventured to Whole Foods Market (this was my first time going into one and I LOVED it!). We bought Thai Coconut Crusted Chicken Breasts, Yukon Gold Potatoes, Garlic, Bell Peppers, Onions, Tomatoes, Fresh Herbs, and a French Baguette. We made bruschetta as an appetizer, and sauteed the chicken, then cooked in the oven, made garlic mashed potatoes and sauteed veggies. The potatoes didn't turn out as well as we would have liked but everything else was so good!
Today I hit then gym for my 50 min pace run (20 min easy, 2 min at goal half marathon pace then 1 min easy repeat 4 times, then 18 min easy). I was so proud of myself today because I had a good run. I didn't push myself too hard and managed a 10:30 min/mile pace for the easy parts and 9:13 min/mile for the sprints. My overall pace was 10:16! Far from my goal of 9:10, but I'm working on it!

It's Sunday night, so I'm currently watching the golden globes, doing laundry, and preparing for the coming work week. Happy MLK, jr Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment