Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Going Back...

Hi friends!!

Sorry for the sabbatical from the blog world! If you didn't know, I was gone to Hawaii for a week!!! :D I would have blogged there, but there were several technology obstacles -- not worth missing out on the experience to mess with. So, it is currently 10:34pm and I would like to be to sleep by 11pm. Here's the deal, I will update fully on my travels and fun, but I am starting where I left off.

Thursday, April 7, 2011: I pulled out the ol' bike and took 'er for a spin.


She was dusty and needed air in the tires. Luckily, the ConocoPhillip's gas station by my house had free air! (I do not own a bike rack for my car, yet.. :D)


Thanks ConocoPhillips! :D


After getting her down my stairs (workout in itself), I did a 5 mile loop and had an amazing time!


I forgot how much fun biking was! Here are my stats (I have no clue how good/bad these are, lol):

Miles: 4.43 (I forgot to turn on the Garmin until about a half mile into the ride.)
Time: 23:59 min
Avg Pace: 11.1 miles/hour
Max Pace: 14.9 miles/hour!

Friday: Girls night @ Kiri's was a blast!! I brought bruschetta, shrimp and cocktail sauce (it was a Friday during Lent!) and wine! The bruschetta was a MAJOR hit! It was so easy to make, and I've had pictures on here before, so I won't bore you with more. Other guests brought guacamole, brownies, ice cream, veggies/crackers and dip, and other delicious stuff that I cannot remember at the moment. The best part was hanging out with the girls and laughing. We watched "Valley Girl" which made me feel like I was twelve again. We had fun by making fun of the 80's Nicolas Cage though. :)

Saturday: I got a haircut and colored it. The cut wasn't exactly what I was looking for, but it's at that weird length that there's not much TO do with it. Before and after photos:


PS: I hate taking pictures of myself. lol.

Oh, Saturday I also attempted a 10+ miler. Did not work out. Aaron graciously picked me up after mile 5. Haha 92% humidity and 70+ degrees does not fly with me.

Miles: 4.67
Time: 46:12 min
Avg Pace: 9:54 min/mile ----> Are we sensing trouble for the half yet??? :D

Sunday, Julie and I went for an eleven or twelve mile bike ride through the Pathfinder (Garmin died). But we had such a good time! It was nice to exercise next to your friend and be able to talk without being super winded!

Welp, better wrap it up for bedtime! I'm trying for bootcamp @ 6am tomorrow + kickboxing @ 5:30pm! Whew! Big day! I promise to update you on Hawaii, WITH PICTURES, soon!

Enjoy your Wednesday wherever you are! Look forward to sea turtles, losing toenails, race recap, rainforest excursions, and relaxing beach shots!!

No comments:

Post a Comment