Sunday, March 6, 2011

Hotdogs, Smores, and Soda!

Hello there! What a wonderful weekend it has been! Let me first say it has been a busy week!

Monday was Game Night at Shaler's. We played Risque. Uber fun with good friends!
Tuesday I came to see the boyfriend.. we lazed around watching Lost per the new usual. : D
Wednesday I worked out at the gym (notice I said worked out and not ran, lol, to be discussed later) and then Julie came over. I had such a great time! Usually, none of my friends get together during the weeknight due to hectic personal schedules and being super tired from work. But I am glad Julie and I squeezed it in because we needed the girl time!
Thursday was my Friday since I took my 19/30 on Friday. I packed up for a long weekend and headed South!

I slept in late Friday morning and felt refreshed for a camping trip with the girls! This weekend has been so relaxing; it was just what I needed! I got to shop for the camping trip with Ma Mere. And got to hang out with my dad and niece before I left. Kryssie, my sister, and I packed up the car with tents, double the amount of sleeping bags necessary, flashlights, lanterns, firewood, chairs, and plenty of food! Claire arrived shortly after and Audi met us at the campsite! It was so cold (22 degrees with the windchill factor) and NO OTHER campers were in sight. (Mom told me camping season started March 1st-- maybe we were a little too eager. Haha!) We sat around the fire until it went out and then hit the hay.

Here's a picture of the empty campsite we stayed at Arcadia Lake campgrounds:




Saturday we got up and went to Pops! This place is so neat. They have hundreds of soda pops! Here are a few pictures of all the soda, Claire, and our soda-pop choices!



What do you call your soda? Coke? Soda? Pop? Haha, after finishing eating there we all took a ride to the big round barn! This is also another Oklahoma must-do if you haven't already. Here are some pictures:


When we got back to the campsite we were informed that there is a burn ban in effect and NO fires are allowed. So with sad faces, we packed up and went home. This didn't stop girl time though! We roasted hotdogs and marshmallows over my parents stove and watched "127 Hours." We all stayed up talking until midnight! 

Since we didn't camp another night I was able to attend mass with the family. Today ~15 young adults were confirmed into the Catholic Church! I am so proud of them! The archbishop was there and reminded us to renew our promise to the church and Jesus and live our lives daily as a disciple. Afterward, I got to hang with the fam. We went out to dinner and came back and played Dutch Blitz! I think we're addicted! Well, all except my father. Haha.

Let me say, I am so lucky to have such great friends and family to share my weekends with. :)
_________________________________________________

So you're probably wondering how my race went that I was SO excited for last week. Well, I didn't run it. :( I was super bummed that I stayed up too late and could not fall asleep the night before. When the alarm clock went off at 6am, my butt was happy to stay in bed because I did not feel like going. But I kick myself now. What a cool experience that would have been. There's always next time!

I do have to say that I have been feeling a little burned out about running the past few weeks. I discussed with Meredith (an experienced runner) and we discovered that my training schedule is too much for me. I was running ~25-30 miles per week! So I've now got a new schedule set for the rest of March and April that I feel more comfortable with. And I feel excited to run again! Remember to change it up if you get bored or are feeling overwhelmed! Running is meant to be fun!!! Here is a picture of where I have left off my training on the Run Coach Ap:


I'll post my new schedule soon. The picture I took of it didn't turn out to well.
Have a great week everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment