Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year, New Beginnings

It's 2011 and I'm finally starting my own blog! While I would like to have a more creative blog title, creativity is not in my blood. Lol, so I'll start small.
I'm twenty-three years old, live in a small town, work for a corporation in the oil and gas industry, and just graduated from college last year. I feel I have grown so much in the past few months of my life (living on my own, having a REAL job, paying for grownup things like car insurance and tires), but I know I have a lot more growing to do. A few of my interests are eating, reading, traveling, and being active.
With that said, I hope you enjoy "my corner" of the blog world by reading interesting posts about my above mentioned hobbies and interests. Since it's a new year, I thought I also might add my New Year's Resolutions.

Personal:
-Create a budget and stick to it (I tend to live a freestyle life and really need to start saving more)
-Read one book per month (this shouldn't be hard; I've actually started reading for pleasure again since I've been out of college)
-Travel more! (on a budget of course)
-Become involved in some volunteer work
-Get to work ON TIME!!

Faith:
-Find a church home (this has been hard since I've moved 3 hours away from my church that I grew up in, but I am determined to find a good fit for both my boyfriend, Aaron, and myself)
-Read the Bible every day
-Attend church every Sunday

Health:
-I'm allowing myself to eat out (fast food or sit down) twice a week only
-Eating healthfully (more whole foods)
-Giving up soda (I've done this before and have been fine, I don't know why I always go back to it, hehe)
-Practice Yoga twice a week
-Run/Exercise 4 times a week
-Run 2 5k's, 1 15k, and a half marathon
-Floss at least once a day

As you can see, I have a lot of health goals. I think it is extremely important to eat right and stay fit. God gave us our bodies to take care of them and nourish them. Other focuses will be maintaining healthy relationships with my new friends, old friends, family, and boyfriend. These resolutions are guidelines of how I want to live my life. If I slip up, there's always tomorrow to try again. I believe if you keep trying, you will eventually succeed. Wish me luck in the new year! Welcome 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment