Tuesday, March 22, 2011

SPRING!

Happy Spring everyone! Sunday was officially the first day of Spring and boy am I glad! For the first time in my life I was actually looking forward to the time change. I gained more daylight in the evening! This has made it a little hard for me to rise and shine in the morning without the sun, but I will conquer this soon enough (or the sun will come up earlier as summer nears, ha)!

I've had an amazing week/weekend. Monday I joined an all women's gym that offers more classes after work (BC I am not an early riser). I have tried Zumba!, Powerbar (weights), and am looking forward to trying Kickboxing & Core. My all-time favorite class in OKC was a cardio kickbox class. I lost so much weight in this class and it was FUN! I can't do both running and kickboxing though- it kills my hips. Choices, choices.


Wednesday I ran/walked 2.5 miles with Meredith. I'm not too proud of this run (we both had issues), but I enjoyed her company and the weather was so nice out! Last Friday we did 4 miles without stopping!! Woot! Go us! Looking forward to more of these runs in the future- it is such a blessing to have someone to take your mind off of hard work! :D Then later on that night, I did yoga at home! Here is my personal space for practicing:

Pretty huh?!

Thursday I had lunch with several other new hires and the General Manager of Finance! I am so blessed to work for a company who encourages networking, especially with management! It makes work more fun. Joe was a hoot! :)

Friday at 5pm began my three day weekend! I had a double date with the lovely Lynndi (and Ethan and Aaron of course) at Blu. So nice to catch up; she makes me really miss college when I go back. And Blu is the perfect college restaurant/bar. With $2 Mimosas, delicious sweet potato fries, and my favorite- gazpacho, you cannot go wrong.

Saturday and Sunday I spent a lot of time with my family- especially Lexie-loo, my niece. She is such a beautiful, smart 4 year old. She ALWAYS brings a smile to my face and makes me remember how fun it was to be a kid. You know- those times you can't stop laughing, or making crazy noises with your mouth, or just swinging. I told Lexie to run back to the house on our walk and she ran with her arms up in the sky. Now why on earth would she do that? I guess I am so used to running "normal." Oh to be a kid again! Everything is fun! Here's a picture of me trying to teach Lexie to strecth. LOL.



On Saturday, after eating a HUGE brunch (this is seriously why I get fat when I go home people!), I ran my long 10 mile run around Lake Hefner. Do not worry it took me 3 whole hours before I digested all this and even attempted to move! On my plate:

-Omelet with cheese, bell pepper, and onion inside; salsa on top
-2 pieces of sausage
-hash-browns with ketchup on top (got into a little fight with the ketchup bottle)
-biscuit with gravy all over (favorite!! I think I might marry gravy)
-and a glass of OJ



I would have eaten it all again too. :D

Anywho, shoes laced up, I planned my long run around the lake. Beautiful scenery and enough people for distraction. Even with all that, I could NOT have made it without my sister, Kryssie. She brought me gatorade and a Cliff Bar half way through my run! And support! I am so thankful for her! Here are my splits:

Miles: 10.00
Time: 1 hour and 36 min and 26 sec
Average Pace: 9:36 min/mile

Mile 1: 9:10
Mile 2: 9:23
Mile 3: 9:39 <-- Windy!
Mile 4: 9:36
Mile 5: 9:39 <-- Need fuel
Mile 6: 9:48
Mile 7: 9:37 <--Fuel kicks in
Mile 8: 9:35
Mile 9: 10:08 <-- Will this ever end?
Mile 10: 9:34 <-- End in sight!





After my run, Kryssie and I enjoyed the ride back by catching up on girl talk. That night, a bunch of old friends celebrated Johnnie's 23rd Birthday at Louies! I had a raspberry riesling that was delicious! Before church, my best friend from high school, Caitlin, came and picked me up for a Starbucks date. Donuts and coffee were a must.Then church and playing outside all day with Lexie was on the agenda. Sunday dinner consisted of good food, laughter, and my favorite people! Aaron and I headed home shortly after to enjoy a few episodes of Lost and to get ready for the upcoming week.

I took off Monday for some Spring Cleaning! I got a lot done but not everything- I'll tackle this another day. Then I met Aaron in Tulsa for Lanna Thai. This place was really good! Aaron and I agreed that we will be returning soon. Their Red Curry was spicy enough and filling. YUM.

The work week is almost over! Things I'm looking forward to:

Thurs: Meredith's Birthday Celebration
Sat: K-Life 10K
Sun: Relaxation! and possibly more spring cleaning...

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment